The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a multidisciplinary team of university employees who work collaboratively to:
- serve as a primary option for reporting sexual misconduct and relationship violence in which a student is involved;
- utilize a victim-centered approach to create a support network for complainants and focus on minimizing the trauma experienced by complainants in a sensitive and proficient manner;
- assist complainants in accessing university support resources and provide complainants with assistance, if requested, in reporting a crime to law enforcement;
- coordinate the provision of interim measures to students;
- promote the consistent application of the university’s interim policy on sexual misconduct and relationship violence to all students and enable the university to respond promptly, thoroughly, and equitably to eliminate sexual misconduct and relationship violence, prevent their recurrence, and eliminate their effects; and
- answer questions about the university’s policies, procedures, or programs concerning sexual misconduct and relationship violence.
SART members may be contacted by calling 865-974-HELP (4357) on university business days Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
SART members have received training to work with complainants.
Find more information about SART here.